Agriculture is one of the East African region’s most important sectors, with majority of the population of the East African Community Partner States living in rural areas and depending on agriculture for their livelihood.
Value Added Agriculture is at the forefront of the East African Countries. Most Agriculture produce are exported raw, the focus now is from exporting raw to adding value to the product to increase its market price and create bigger exporting opportunities.
Why should you attend?
This is the first premier Business-to-Business Agriculture Event in East Africa ever to focusing on Value Added Agriculture.
The key focus areas will be:
- Discussions with East African Country Leaders on Investment and Trade opportunities in Agro Processing
- Industrialization in Agriculture the key to East Africa Country Vision
- Creating an enabling environment for Agriculture Industrialization
- Improvement on Market Access and Trade in East Africa
- Increase Productivity and Outputs in Value Added Agriculture
- Enhancing Business Opportunities in Agro Processing
- Cross Boarder Trading
- Increasing exporting opportunities and competitiveness
- Key Agriculture sectors and the opportunities within
- Enhance National Food Security
- Women in Agro Processing
- Sustainable Natural Resource Management in East Africa