“From a very young age we loved to be in the kitchen; cooking, baking and trying out new things. We were encouraged by a loving mum whose passion for food and cooking certainly rubbed off on us and inspired us to be constantly growing, innovating and experimenting with food…and so began the food journey of The Delish Sisters. When the opportunity arose to take over the Café space at The Litchi Orchard in Salt Rock we seized it with both hands and so far it has been incredible”.
A good Prosecco cocktail always goes down a treat. It makes a good welcome drink for an alfresco dinner and is a perfect recipe for the Festive Season and for poolside summer sipping.
Ingredients (Makes 1.5 litres)
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh berries (we used strawberries and blueberries)
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Prosecco or your favourite bubbles
- 200 ml (¾ cup) honey and elderflower syrup (or any sugar-free elderflower syrup)
- Ice cubes
- A handful of edible flowers to garnish
- Tip the berries into a medium-sized mixing bowl and smash them with a pestle or potato masher. Set aside.
- Pour 250 ml (1 cup) Prosecco or bubbles into another bowl or cup and add the honey and elderflower syrup. Stir until combined and then set aside.
- Fill a glass jug with ice and pour over the smashed berries, followed by the remaining Prosecco or bubbles, and then the syrup and prosecco or bubbles mixture and lastly a handful of edible flowers. Stir to get all of the goodness mixed together. Bubbly delight!
For more food ideas and inspiration follow visit our Recipes page and follow Delish Sisters online.
21 – 24 March 2019
Durban Exhibition Centre
Decorex Cape Town
1 – 5 May 2019
7 – 11 August 2019
Gallagher Convention Centre