Rebecca and Kate Lund of Delish Sisters in Salt Rock, KwaZulu-Natal are making waves in the food world. They share one of their must-have dishes for the festive season.
You may recognize this upbeat red lipstick and sneaker-wearing sister duo from the Gourmet Cooking Theatre at Decorex Durban 2018.
There are few things in life as satisfying as a crispy buttery roast potato. These as a festive side dish or even a dinner party any day of the week, are guaranteed to create waves of ‘mmmmm’ noises around your table.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 6 x Large Potatoes
- 3 T Olive Oil
- 3 T Butter
- 1 T Finely Chopped Rosemary
- 50 g Grated Parmesan
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Sprinkle of truffle zest or a drizzle of truffle oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Get a pot of salted water onto the stove, and bring to the boil.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into cubes or wedges.
- Once the water is rapidly boiling, plop the potato pieces in and boil for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the pot of potatoes from the heat, and strain off the excess water.
- Leave the cooked potatoes to cool completely.
- Once cooled, toss the potatoes in olive oil, melted butter, salt, pepper and chopped rosemary.
- Roast for 40 minutes. Checking on them at about 20 minutes (half way) giving them a good shuffle around with a spatula, and returning them to the oven.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle the gorgeous golden crispy potatoes with truffle zest, finely chopped fresh rosemary and grated Parmesan and serve immediately in all their freshly roasted glory!
For more food ideas and inspiration follow visit our Recipes page and follow Delish Sisters online.
21 – 24 March 2019
Durban Exhibition Centre
Decorex Cape Town
1 – 5 May 2019
7 – 11 August 2019
Gallagher Convention Centre