Multi-talented food entertainer, entrepreneur, blogger and chef, Claire Allen shares a delicious and easy Valentine’s Day dessert with us – a Pastry Waffle Stack. Impress your sweetheart with this decadent dessert this Valentine’s Day!
Pastry Waffle Stack
- 1 x Roll of Todays Original Puff Pastry
- 250 ml Dulce de leche (caramel sauce)
- Vanilla ice cream
- Baking Spray
- Spray waffle machine and heat, measure the size of the press.
- Roll out Todays Original Puff Pastry and cut two pieces of puff pastry that will fit into your machine.
- Spoon dulce onto one pastry slice and top with the second, creating a sandwich and seal the edges.
- Place in waffle machine and cook for 10 -12 minutes till pastry is cooked and golden brown
- Remove waffle and slice in half and layer ice cream and more caramel sauce.
Visit Decorex Cape Town from the 27th of April until the 1st of May to see Claire Allen cook up a storm in the Gourmet Cooking Theatre.
Time: 10am – 6pm daily
Ticket prices: Adults: R110, Students/Pensioners: R95, Children under 12: R20
Venue: Cape Town International Convention Centre