Once you have booked your exhibition stand space, ask yourself the following questions:
- Why am I exhibiting at this show?
- What products/services will I be exhibiting?
- What do I want to accomplish?
- What will I be doing to achieve the results?
- What image do I want to project?
- How does this specific exhibition fit into my sales & marketing plan?
Your answers to these questions will help you form specific objectives that you need to establish to be a successful exhibitor. The objectives you set should be measurable and obtainable. You will find it much easier to measure and judge your success if you are specific with your objectives. For instance, you can set a specific number of show leads to generate, appointments to make, units to sell.
Your exhibition objectives can be as challenging as you want to make them, but remember you and your stand staff want to succeed, so be realistic, particularly if you’re exhibiting for the first time or setting show objectives for the first time.
There are 6 principle reasons why companies choose to exhibit:
- Build Sales
- Improve customer relationships
- Conduct market research
- Generate media relations/PR
- Build brand awareness
- Build and support sales channels
Knowing exactly what you want is a necessary element of success. Make sure that you understand your objectives.
Make them SMART: